Monday, June 14, 2010

6 hours of FUNdraising...

Well, I spent over 5 and a half hours in the saddle hammering out donations over the weekend. Saturday was ok but once again Fortinos on Sunday produced amazing results. I honestly enjoyed the long rides that included lots of interactions.

One particular interaction was with a fellow who lost a 'great friend' to cancer on Friday. Bill Bailey lost his battle and the pain on his friend was immense. I felt really bad for him. I got Bill's name for the fellow and will ride in his memory for the whole 3 hours next time I'm riding in Ancaster! I was really touched... there were stories too of those still battling hard.

I'll be posting the memory pic and perhaps a bit more video as soon as I can. Check out my site on the official RWL web page for my latest total.

Actually, I'm over $5K now!!! w00t!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment. Good or bad or just indifferent, I really appreciate the engagement - really!