Monday, May 10, 2010

To Leif!

Leif, the teacher of the illustration students participating in creating postcards for HammerCancer, lost his father-in-law to cancer a few days ago. Leif and his family only learned of his illness in March after we started the project. And just like that, he is gone. They took comfort in that fact that Bill touched so many lives in a positive way as a doctor. It was nice to hear he died peacefully at home with his family by his side. Leif has generously donated his time & I want to thank him & wish his family strength during this difficult time.

Today I received a surprising anonymous donation in the honour of John Spoltone. I am still as humbled & much appreciative as I was in the beginning. I am a very fortunate I get to do something like this! Thank you for thinking of my efforts!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment. Good or bad or just indifferent, I really appreciate the engagement - really!